You can register to vote in Page County if:
- Your are a United States citizen and a resident of Virginia
- A resident of Page County
- Your are 18 years of age (or 17 and will be 18 at the next general election)
- Your are not claiming the right to vote in any other state
- You are not currently declared mentally incompetent by a court of law
- Convicted of a felony, your right to vote has been restored, if required
Residents new to Virginia may register to vote as soon as residency is established. Residents moving from other Virginia localities must transfer their registration to Page County. Residents moving from one voting precinct to another within the county must also notify the registrar of this change in writing or in person.
Forms for voter registration and absentee voting may be found at the Virginia Department of Elections website.
Last day to register to vote: October 15, 2018
Photo ID Required for Voting (Effective July 1, 2014)
Voters must present one of the following acceptable forms of identification when voting, effective January 1, 2016.
- Valid Virginia Driver's License
- DMV-issued photo identification card
- Valid United States Passport
- Valid employee photo identification card
- Other government-issued photo identification card
- Valid college or university student photo identification card (issuer must be an institution of higher education located in Virginia)
- Valid student photo identification card from a private school (issuer must be an institution located in Virginia)
If you do not have an acceptable form of identification, please contact the Voter Registration Office for a free ID at 540-743-3986.
Registration DeadlinesDeadlines to register to vote or change name or address:
- General Elections - 22 days before election
- Primary Elections - 22 days before election
- Special Election - 13 days before election
- Special Election - called by Governor - 7 days before election
Virginia law now requires photo identification when voting in person.
If interested in voting an absentee ballot please contact us by email or 540-743-3986 or go online. Absentee Ballots are ready 45 days prior to a General Election, but you do not need to wait until then to request one. We will accept the application and hold it until they are ready. Absentee Voting is also available in our office during normal business hours. Don't forget your Photo ID!
Absentee Annual Application Information
The mission of the General Registrar's Office is to provide opportunities for all qualified citizens of the County of Page to register to vote; to promote the integrity of the electoral process by maintaining accurate and current voter registration records used in elections; to coordinate elections so they are conducted in a manner that secures the qualified citizen's right to vote and ensures that the results accurately reflect the voter's will.
The polls are open from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm. Please call 540-743-3986 if you have questions. Please bring your photo ID.