Public Notice - November 2, 2021 General & Special Elections in Page County, Virginia
In-person, early voting for Page County voters will be available at the following location beginning Friday, September 17, 2021, and ending Saturday, October 30, 2021, from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Voting will not be available on Monday, October 11, 2021, because offices will be closed due to Columbus Day.
- 103 South Court Street, Luray (County Government Center) lower level. Watch for signs. If you need assistance, please call 540-743-3986 and someone will be available to help you.
Ballot drop box will be available the same date, time, and location listed above for in-person, early voting. In addition, a drop box will be available at the General Registrar's Office on Monday, November 1, 2021, from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Drop boxes will also be available at all regular polling places on Election Day, Tuesday, November 2, 2021, from 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Virginia Code §§ 24.2-701.2(E) - 707.1(C)
Deadlines for November 2, 2021 General & Special Elections
|Monday, September 6, 2021||Labor Day Holiday||Offices Closed|
|Friday, September 17, 2021||In-person Voting Begins||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Monday, October 11, 2021||Columbus Day Holiday||Offices Closed|
|Tuesday, October 12, 2021||Last Day to Register||4:30 p.m. in office or 11:59 p.m. online|
|Friday, October 22, 2021||Deadline to request absentee ballot by mail, fax, email||§ 24.2-0701(B)(2) of the Code of Virginia|
|Saturday, October 23, 2021||Office open 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday, October 30, 2021||Office open 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.; Final day for early voting|
You can register to vote in Page County if:
- Your are a United States citizen and a resident of Virginia
- A resident of Page County
- Your are 18 years of age (or 17 and will be 18 at the next general election)
- Your are not claiming the right to vote in any other state
- You are not currently declared mentally incompetent by a court of law
- Convicted of a felony, your right to vote has been restored, if required
Residents new to Virginia may register to vote as soon as residency is established. Residents moving from other Virginia localities must transfer their registration to Page County. Residents moving from one voting precinct to another within the county must also notify the registrar of this change in writing or in person.
Forms for voter registration and absentee voting may be found at the Virginia Department of Elections website.
Registration DeadlinesDeadlines to register to vote or change name or address:
- General Elections - 22 days before election
- Primary Elections - 22 days before election
- Special Election - 13 days before election
- Special Election - called by Governor - 7 days before election
If interested in voting an absentee ballot please contact us by email or 540-743-3986 or go online. Absentee Ballots are ready 45 days prior to a General Election, but you do not need to wait until then to request one. We will accept the application and hold it until they are ready. Absentee Voting is also available in our office during normal business hours.
The mission of the General Registrar's Office is to provide opportunities for all qualified citizens of the County of Page to register to vote; to promote the integrity of the electoral process by maintaining accurate and current voter registration records used in elections; to coordinate elections so they are conducted in a manner that secures the qualified citizen's right to vote and ensures that the results accurately reflect the voter's will.
The polls are open from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm. Please call 540-743-3986 if you have questions.